We are looking for a Sales Director to join our US team. The role is responsible for managing new business sales activities for brands and agencies in the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area.
About Hybrid Theory
We’re a new breed of digital services partner for brands and agencies, offering flexible consulting, hands-on support and independent managed execution. We harness the best combinations of technology and talent to power smarter, data driven advertising across the full customer journey, making the complex simple.
Hybrid Theory’s award winning global behavioral intelligence capabilities are rooted in the browse, search and share behaviors of over 90% of the US population across 18M sites. We use our rich data network to find the most relevant audiences for brands, personalize the creative and derive deeper insights for them. We do this across all key channels and devices for the world’s leading brands. With offices and representation in London, Singapore, Sydney, New York, Boston, D.C. , Atlanta, North Carolina and Dallas, Hybrid Theory is growing rapidly and has been recognized as one of the fastest growing AdTech businesses by Wired Magazine, Inc.com and Mischon Leap 100 and recently won the The Drum Marketing Award for Best Trading Team 2020.
About the Role
The Sales Director, Washington D.C. is responsible for managing new business sales activities for brands and agencies in the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Identify and acquire sales opportunities in line with the US commercial strategy
- Match Hybrid Theory’s behavioral intelligence products to qualified client needs and requirements
- Maximize revenue growth with key media agencies (a focus on independent agencies), ensuring specific and regular market coverage
- Prospect, evaluate and identify important business opportunities
- Engage with agency decision makers at all operational levels
- Sales presentations to large groups with varying degrees of seniority
- Develop winning strategies & proposals, adjusting sales tactics depending on needs
- Prepare and execute high impact meetings with prospects and clients
- Work closely with the NY-HQ team, Trading and Client Services to provide superior customer service, and grow repeat business
- Contribute to a culture focused on performance, positive thinking and active collaboration with the rest of the company
You will have demonstrated outstanding competency in securing new digital media sales, have a good understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem, and an actionable high level network of contacts within D.C. and regional media agencies and brands.
Commercially, you will have demonstrated a high level of expertise in identifying, progressing and closing key client opportunities. You will have had experience in taking digital media products to market, evangelizing to key decision makers, and being a results oriented hands-on “sales hunter” who excels at bringing in new business.
Operationally, you will be organized, self-sufficient and comfortable operating on your own steam, excellent at pipeline management both in tools and process and strong in presentation tools and techniques. You will have a good understanding of technologies such as DMP’s, DSP’s, Data (in its various forms), trading desks, ad exchanges, and performance based audience targeting.
- At least 4 to 6+ year’s experience in a digital & programmatic focused ad sales role
- Extensive media planner/buyer contacts at D.C. & regional Agencies & Brands
- Demonstrated capability to deliver revenue over and above targets
- A focus on independent agencies & DR accounts is a plus
- Strong understanding of industry trends, technologies & pricing models
- Excellent understanding of agency dynamics, campaign planning & buying cycles
- Understanding of data-driven advertising, programmatic ad targeting & campaign optimization across devices & ad formats
- Strong knowledge of ad campaign, technology, metrics & analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven presentation ability
- Ability to execute both quick turnaround & consultative sales opportunities
- Self-discipline, time management, self-motivation & resilience.
- Fluent in English
What we can offer
We are a growing company that provides the opportunity to take part in all sorts of business building conversations and experiences. We have a desire to see people grow within our organization, and as we expand within and across geographies, we need talent who grow with the company.
On a daily basis, the role will be supported by an experienced digital media team with collective experience across adtech, media agency and ad sales. You will work closely with one of the founding members of Hybrid Theory and the US General Manager, and get hands on experience with our technology, learn smart data driven approaches to digital media and be an integral part of building the US presence. Demonstrating key competencies and culture fit mean you can grow into and beyond your role as the team builds up in the US and into other new markets.
We offer a competitive salary and compelling commission structure linked to the achievement of targets.
We have a bunch of perks that are enjoyed across the company including:
- 28 days paid vacation leave
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Competitive 401k
- Fitness Fund of $60/month
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.