We are looking for a Sales Director to join our APAC team. The role is responsible for managing new business sales activities for Brands and Agencies in Australia.
About Hybrid Theory
Hybrid Theory is a new breed of digital services partner. We are proud to serve our clients, brands and agencies through working in the space between in-housing and outsourcing – redefining independent managed service for an era of trust, transparency and collaboration. We do this by harnessing technology and talent to power data-driven advertising across the customer journey, through expert operational and data management capabilities, deep customer and industry intelligence, and flawless campaign activation. A global business with colleagues worldwide serving APAC, North America, EMEA regions. We are recognized for our capabilities through several award nominations and wins, including Best Trading Team at The Drum Marketing Awards 2020. Our biggest recognition though is our 90% retention rate which has contributed to us enjoying substantial YOY growth throughout 2021.
About the Role
The Sales Director is responsible for managing new business sales activities for Brands and Agencies in Australia. The right candidate will have demonstrated outstanding competency in generating new digital sales, have a deep understanding of the local digital ecosystem and an existing network of brands and agency relationships.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Identify and acquire sales opportunities in line with APAC commercial strategy;
- Match Hybrid Theory’s behavioural intelligence products to qualified client needs and requirements;
- Maximize revenue growth with key media agencies, ensuring specific and regular market coverage;
- Prospect, evaluate and identify important business opportunities;
- Engage with agency decision makers at all operational levels;
- Sales presentations to large groups with varying degrees of seniority;
- Develop winning strategies & proposals, adjusting sales tactics depending on needs;
- Prepare and execute high impact meetings with prospects and clients;
- Contribute to a culture focused on performance, positive thinking and active collaboration with the rest of the company
You will have demonstrated outstanding competency in securing new digital media sales, have a good understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem, and an actionable high level network of contacts within Australia media agencies and brands.
Commercially, you will have demonstrated a high level of expertise in identifying, progressing and closing key client opportunities. You will have had experience in taking digital media products to market, evangelizing to key decision makers, and being a results oriented hands-on “sales hunter” who excels at bringing in new business.
Operationally, you will be organized, self-sufficient and comfortable operating on your own steam, excellent at pipeline management both in tools and process and strong in presentation tools and techniques. You will have a good understanding of technologies such as DMP’s, DSP’s, Data (in its various forms), trading desks, ad exchanges, and performance based audience targeting.
- Hunter mindset – always looking to close in new deals, demonstrating drive and sense of urgency to get things done;
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a digital & programmatic focused ad sales role;
- In-depth knowledge and contacts within Australia digital Agencies and Brands; Active network of contacts within New Zealand is a plus;
- Demonstrated capability to deliver revenue over and above targets;
- Excellent understanding of agency dynamics, campaign planning & buying cycles
- Understanding of data-driven advertising, programmatic ad targeting & campaign optimization across devices & ad formats;
- Proven presentation ability as well as excellent written and verbal communication;
- Ability to execute both quick turnaround & consultative sales opportunities;
- Self-discipline, time management, self-motivation & resilience;
- Fluent in English
What we can offer
We are a growing company that provides the opportunity to take part in all sorts of business building conversations and experiences. We have a desire to see people grow within our organization, and as we expand within and across geographies, we need talent who grow with the company.
Our business culture is underpinned by strong values including being creatively curious, teaming by nature and being ambitiously prepared. We are enjoying developing a new business and having fun along the way.
We offer a competitive salary and compelling total package linked to the achievement of targets, accompanied by perks that ensure we keep you balanced, including:
- 28 days paid vacation leave
- Health Insurance plan;
- A Fitness Fund contributing towards gyms or sports
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.